WHO IS CPD WALKING
THERAPY TRAINING FOR?
• You’re a qualified and fully registered counsellor, psychotherapist, psychologist, coach or healthcare worker.
• You’re accredited with the appropriate professional body in relation to your practice.
• You hold an up to date DBS certificate.
• You’re au fait with current ethical guidelines and procedures within your regulatory body.
• Are receiving supervision or clinical supervision from your governing body.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Walking Therapy offers an innovative and holistic approach to counselling that equips clients with the tools they need to become more solution-focused. Taking place within a naturally therapeutic outdoor setting, it combines physical exercise with counselling, psychotherapy, mindfulness and coaching. As such, Walking Therapy is proven to help clients with:
• Helps reduce blood pressure
• Reduces risk of diabetes
• Improves strategic thinking
• Enhances creativity
• Reduces anxiety
• Alleviates stress
• Improves anger issues
• Copes with depression
ELEVATE YOUR PRACTICE.
ELEVATE YOUR RESULTS.
Scenic, picturesque outdoor settings that produces sounds, scents and many other different types of stimulus, helps to recall memories, thoughts and feelings during Walking Therapy sessions. Client reactions and intuitive responses to stimuli that take place in the ‘here and now’ makes each session become far more full of emotional energy, which over time has helped me to experience and understand each client far more deeply.
• Be able to offer clients who struggle with clinical environments with an alternative way to work with you.
• Stay at the forefront of psychotherapeutic knowledge, and provide your clients with a progressive way of healing that supports body, mind and soul.
• Develop your skills as a therapist with a progressive new approach that diversifies your practice.
• Work outdoors while harnessing the psychological, physiological, spiritual and psychotherapeutic effects of walking in nature in order to help a wider range of clients.
WALKING THERAPY ENABLES YOU TO HELP A BROADER RANGE OF CLIENTS IN A MORE NATURAL AND COMFORTABLE ENVIRONMENT.
Diversify your practice with CPD Walking Therapy Training, delivered by leading Psychotherapist and Walking Therapy Founder, Jonathan Hoban. Overseen by the BACP 2018 Ethical Framework criteria, this immersive course provides your team with full training so they can practice Walking Therapy with immediate effect.
‘Jonathan’s walk and talk CPD was very useful. I’ve been thinking for some time about doing Walking Therapy, given the associated physical and emotional benefits of being outdoors. I also like the concept of movement forward in terms of its implications within the therapeutic relationship. The practicalities, however, I was unsure of and this is what motivated me to seek out Jonathan.
I did an hour’s session with him, around Richmond Park. It was a really good combination of working experientially, whilst also then addressing practical aspects more directly. The theme of boundaries was discussed in depth, as was counter-transference and how it can differ outside compared to the confines of the therapy room. The result was that I both got a sense of what it is like for clients to experience walk and talk therapy as well as a greater grasp of the implications from the perspective of the therapist.’
— Clair Neil, Psychotherapist
‘I’d naturally started walking with my clients and I could sense the potential there to deliver a great experience but how well each walking session went felt very hit and miss, leaving me frustrated. I knew my coaching could be better but I just didn’t know how to improve it outdoors.
During the training, Jonathan shared his years of experience walking with clients and clarified the key parts of successful walking sessions using demonstrations and examples. I really appreciated how he tailored the training, spending extra time on aspects I was unfamiliar with and on more familiar topics taking time to discuss examples from my own client work.
Jonathan is truly in his element while walking and training with him in this way helped me feel what I want my clients to experience with coaching outdoors, a greater sense of clarity, creativity and control.
I’m now more confident with clients and can professionally deliver inspirational and insightful coaching experiences outdoors.
I highly recommend training and working with Jonathan.’
— Adan Realey, Coach, Change the Dial
I work on a sliding scale for those who require extra financial support, so please contact me to discuss further. For workshops, retreat packages, and public speaking engagements, please contact me directly.